LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

tejas (mgr)     27 April 2011

Buying Property on Collectors Land

I am entering into a transaction for buying a flat on Collectors Property as described below:

1. The plot of land (in Mumbai suburb) belonged to the Collector.

2. As per an Agreement between the Collector and the Society, the Society's name was entered as occupant of the land and society was given the right to use the land to build an apartment for residential purpose.

3. So the Society then entered into a Development Agreement with a Builder for construction of the apartments which was completed by the Builder.

4. A Title Clearance Certificate says that the Society has the title of the property.

5. Some members of the Society resigned and I have been alloted membership of the Society by the Collector on payment of  a DD to the Collector as membership transfer fee. The letter issued by Collector states that I have paid the transfer fee and I am admitted as member of Society.

6. Received NOC from Society stating that the flat is allotted to me by Collector and Society proposes to sell the flat to me.

7. There is a letter from Society which states that Society has allotted a flat to me against resignation of a member and also letter states cost of the flat.

My question is:

1. As there is no sale purchase agreement in this case, which document should I register and pay stamp duty on ?

2. What is the cost involved ?

3. What is the procedure to do the same ?

Thank you.

Learning

5 Replies

ambrish (service)     29 April 2011

Dear Tejas,

We recommend to read a very nice book on this subject :

‘A legal guide on precautions before property purchase’ In Hindi Language.

Book is available at : Nirdaliya Publication, Mr. Kailash Shrivastav, F-35, South T.T. Nagar, New Market, Bhopal (MP) 09424443401, 07552772406

Regards

Ambrish

Ankit (Writer)     23 June 2011

Buy a flat on collector doc tp checked

Ankit (Writer)     23 June 2011

buying a flat a collector's land doc to be checked sine there was no sale agreement

Ameer Abdul Kader (Secretary )     09 October 2016

What is the position of society whose lease of collectors land has expired and how it will effect the flat owners as per 2016 amendment

Ameer Abdul Kader (Secretary )     09 October 2016

What is the position of society whose lease of collectors land has expired and how it will effect the flat owners as per 2016 amendment

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register