LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RR Netha (ff)     29 January 2012

Buying property in bank auction

Hi Sir/Madam - Are there any known risks involved in buying the property thru Bank Auction in and around Hyderabad, A.P.  What all the list of documents do we need to verify before buying.   Please suggest Do's and Dont's

thanks,

Rajendar

Learning

5 Replies

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     29 January 2012

As of now there is no clear title for such sales. After change in law which is pipe line these problems will be sorted out.

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     29 January 2012

Even though in a large majority of cases bank auctions later run into troubles, but mostly bank is liable for damages to the customer (for eg : in a case hypothecated vehicle is sold away on default of installment). The Courts do not strike down the title that a buyer acquires in good faith w/o knowledge of underunning dispute. His title is quite legitimate. This Courts have recognised because if the buyer's title is not safe. Such properties would not fetch a good price as people would be scared of goin in for such properties. Which in the ultimate analysis would make both the original customer & bank suffer. 

Feel free to seek any clarifications !

Warm Regards

Bharat Chugh
Advocate/Legal Consultant
bharat.law06@gmail.com/9810553252

*Let Justice be done though the heavens fall !

khalid masood (partner.)     29 January 2012

It is always a best bet to buy property in public auction. Not only u get property at cheaper price the titles held by banks  are mostly clear. Anyhow u take a lawyers help and pursue the documents before bidding. Never forget to get a written assurance from the bank as regarding the issuance of conveyance deed in ur favour. 

Kruttika (Lawyer)     13 August 2012

Hello, 

I would like to know what are the necessary documents required for the buying the auctioned property from bank.???

I am interested in buying a flat and would like to knw the requisite documents necessary for buying it.

Can I ask bank to indemnify if the title is not clear.??

khalid masood (partner.)     11 October 2012

If u  had read my previous answer carefully u would nt have raised this question at all. Bank would not give any warranty or guarantee as regarding the question of title. You have to make discreet enquires and ensure no discrepencies raise in future.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register