Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mrinal Sajwan   28 December 2022

Buying out of notice period promised but after joining employer not paying the notice period money

Hi..

I am currently working in a Central Autonomous Body and before joining here I was serving other Central Autonomous body. I have been selected here through interview and technical resignation. The current employer has requested to join early the institution and it was mentioned in an email to me that they will reimburse any financial losses to the undersigned.

I had given the notice period of 1 month instead of 3 months in my earlier organization. The earlier employer has deducted 60 days from my balance Earned Leave. 

Now, when I have joined this new organization, the employer is not giving that 60 days EL loss in the form of leave or equivalent money to the undersigned and state that there is no such rule for the same.

Please guide me that how can I get the money or leave.

Is there any case laws or government rules on this matter, so, I can get money/ leave for the same.

Learning

2 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 December 2022

Have you made a written request to the current employer and/or there has been a written response?

Mrinal Sajwan   28 December 2022

Yes sir, communication is being made but the current employer is stating that there is no rule for payment of the same. If any case law or rule can be shared it will be a great help

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register