Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunil Jagropan kashayp (RF engineer)     11 April 2015

Buying flat under gram panchayat approval is leagal or not

hi sir,

i am from mumbai maharashtra. I am intrested in buying flat in bhiwandi thane, but as per the builder the building which he has constrcucted that comes under the permission of gram panchayat it doesnt come under the muncipal coroporation. i have asked some question to hime like

1) The building you constructed is legal or not he said its legal we have permission from gram panchayat.

2) the 2nd question i asked do you have cc & oc certifiate he said yes.

3) 3rd question i asked is your building plan is approved by gram panchayat, mmrda & from collector, he said our procject is approved from gram panchayat only not from MMRDA & collector.

4) i asked your land comes under the agricultural or under non-agricultural he said its non agricultural land.

5) i asked if it is non-agricultural land then the permission from collector is mandatory how you constructed this building without collector permission he said we have converse our land from agricultural to non-agricultural in 1974 and at that time collector post wasnt there at that time praant was there through which we converse our land.

sir, I am first time buying flat i dont have much knowledge about documents & all pls help me weather builder saying the truth or he is lying & pls suggest me which kind of question & document i should asked from property builder.

thanking you.

Learning

5 Replies

rajuchowdappa   11 April 2015

Give to your local advocate on your purchasing property for verification on the legality of the flat.

A.Radha Sampath (Advocate)     12 April 2015

whatever may be the authority that has granted for the conversion of agricultural to non agricultural lands they need to possesss those link documents which you must check before buying a flat. There is nothing wrong in buying property under the gram Panchayat. but you need to trace the ownership of the land the building permission compliance with the gram panchayath of the construction permission of the builder from the land owner etc.

Jai Karan Nagwan (consultant)     12 April 2015

Lay out plan must be approved by Town planning. Section 18 of the Maharastra rules do not allow panchayay t to approve plan. Please meet some architect, he will be able to advise you.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 April 2015

Just cross checking and verifying everything on your own will not be an answer to all your queries.  You may consult a local advocate and get all the issues clarified besides a proper opinion on the property based on the documents.

Jai Karan Nagwan (consultant)     17 April 2015

It is more advisable meet architect, as they are expert and deals with town planning regularly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register