New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

eeswar (cba)     03 August 2020

Buying flat on minor grand son


I want to buy a new flat..

Can i buy a flat on my minor grand son (2 Years old) ..

1. Can sale deed be prepared on grand son name directly..?

2. If yes .. can i choose Guardian name any one as per my Choice ?

3. Or Guardian must be either father or mother only ?

4. Can this property be sell later with the guardian consent ??





 3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     03 August 2020

1. No. 2. & 3. A guardian preferably mother or father or nearest blood relative of the minor shall be kept as guardian. 4. No. If the property is on the minor, then court permission is necessary.  After getting the permission from the court, the guardian may sell the minor's property.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 August 2020

I fully agree with expert advise of Mr. Kavksatyanarayana.

The property (flat) can be purchased in the name of minor under guardianship of his/ her father or mother, which can be disposed of by the titleholder (minor ) on attaining majority, otherwise with the permission of District Judge.

Shashi Dhara   04 August 2020

Father is natural gaurdian he may act upon for benifit of minor son without consent of court or others if father is irresponsible then mother can be made as gaurdian but she has to take court permission until he becomes major.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register