LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shashikanth (ML)     19 July 2011

Buying agricultural land in Karnataka

I am planning to buy a agricultural land here in Mangalore,karnataka but I am not a agriculturist nor any one from my family is.  I have no intention of converting the land to residential or something else. 

Basically plan to generate revenue from agriculture(banana, cashew, coconuts etc etc ). May be a small income initially but i think it would work well in future. 

I know as per rules in karnataka its not possible, if i am not an agriculturist. Let me know what can i do to be eligible or ways to still buy the land for agriculture. 

I would be needing loan as well which I would pay off from my salary from my current job.

Learning

5 Replies

Advocate Rajkumarlaxman (Advocacy)     19 July 2011

You can take it in some others name and keep yourself as gaurantoor for loan and buy the land at the most. or you buy the land in any of your relative far relative you is an agriculturist. This can be one of the ways

Naveen Kumar (service)     19 July 2011

Dear Shashi, This is repeated question, i have already answered regarding this, OK once again i vl explan :- You can approach the Tahasildar for  your intending to own a agriculture land in karnataka .   They will give the permission.

chandrashekar (-)     20 July 2011

Under existing Karnataka Land Reforms Act, a person who is not a agriculturist and the income from non-agriculture sources is more than Rs.2 lakhs of the family, cannot purchase agrl. Lands. However you can buy land after obtaining necessary permission from jurisdictional Asst. Commissioner.

victor (peon)     21 July 2011

buy agri land in Tamilnadu its free  and become agriculculturerist  go back to Karnataka and now buy agri land , then go back to Tamilnadu and sell the agri land problem solved.

Anil Kumar (Manager)     31 March 2012

Hi,

I am Anil Kumar a professional in Bangalore. My late grandfather had Agricultural lands in Tiptur, with the same status my maternal uncle had purchased lands 2 decades ago. 

My Annual Income is greater than 2 lakhs, Am I eligible to buy Agricultural lands.

If eligible please let me know the procedure to register myself as someone how is eligible to buy land.

Thanks

Anil

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register