LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi (Consultant)     01 May 2015

Buying agricultural land having more income

We are from Farmers family having 3 acre land in Karnataka.

Father is no more but we are still joint family with 3 sons.

Mother has FD which gets 2.6Lakhs interest per year, This money from father other assets sold after his death which is kept in Mothers names but it belongs all 4 of us.

recently mother purchased a small agricultural land, by taking 10Lakh loan and other money, and at the time of purchase VA asked for the bribe, suspecting mother has more income etc etc, we refused but he commented in RTC about his doubt of more Income.


now we got a Notice from thasildhar about inquiry into this matter.


what we have to do now.


 2 Replies

bsrao   01 May 2015

As per Karnataka Land Reforms (Amendment) Act, 1995, no person who or a family or a joint family which has an assured annual income of not less than rupees two lakh from sources other than agricultural lands shall be entitled to acquire any land whether as land owner, landlord, tenant or mortgagee with possession or otherwise or partly in one capacity and partly in another. Now you need to prove you are not a joint family and answer why the FD is in her name. You must grease the department and now you have no alternative but to pay some more and settle it.

Ravi (Consultant)     01 May 2015

Thankyou very much;

anyway we will explain whole FD is not hers,

but i heard there was amendment in LRA 1965 or govt tabled bill to raise the 2Lakh amount etc ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register