LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinod P (IT)     10 May 2013

buying agricultural land

Hello dear experts, I am in process of buying agricultural land. When I visited the talathi and showed him my documents I.e 7/12 extracts bearing my grand fathers name , he said that since extracts are for NA land, it would be a challenge to transfer the new agri land which I am purchasing. Now I am in afix... I have thought of 2 solutions for this A) show my mother as a farm labourer by getting an affividavit from the same land owners from whom I am purchasing the land. Or B) getting land records on my name from other states(services offered by some of the consultants). Let me know which would me more feasible or is there a better remedy to my problem? Pls suggest. Rgds Vinod

Learning

3 Replies

MohammedRaffiq Bijapur (Advocate)     12 May 2013

Brother if u r really interested in agriculture, then why dont urself apply for permission with concerned Asst Comm showing ur bonafideness stating that u r intended to take agriculture.

S Jadhav 98336 98330 (Jadhav & Associates)     02 February 2014

I agree. The revenue authorities/collector can permit you to become an agriculturist legally if you are actually taking on being a farmer as occupation.

Of the two options above, the legal option is to purchase agricultural land in a another state where non-agriculturists can buy agricultural land and then use it here. The date of being an agriculturist has to before you buy the land in Maharashtra.Also, the expenses for such activities vary from 30 thousand to 1 lakh as per advt in various newspapers. Whether they are genuine or not is a risk you take. Many news also show that the papers made by such advertisers are many times fake and fraudulent. Please beware, take care and don't do anything illegal please.

Yatin Sheth (owner)     20 May 2014

Hello Experts, 

i have purchased a agricultural Land near Palghar, Maharashtra - partnership with my wife who is a farmer whereas i m not a agri land owner. whether my name would come 7/12. and if yes please state me the procedure.

please eagerly waiting for your reply...

thank you...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register