LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hari (Engineer)     26 May 2010

Buying a Flat from NRI

Sir, I am going to buy an apartment(Flat) from an NRI, what is the procedure for registration  and what are the list of  documents shuld be signed ?. Please suggest me for the to avoid future problems.


 3 Replies

Niikhil C. Shirgaonkar (Self Employed)     26 May 2010

Registration procedure is the smae as applicable for the domectic seller and you have get signed and restered the Sale Deed/ Deed of Assignment/ Transfer as the case may be.

Documents Required to be annexed with the Deed :-

1. Completion Certificate.

2. Sanction Plan.

3. Society NOC.( In case of Coop Soci)

4. Index II  of earlier transaction i.e. The person or builder from the said NRI has purchased the said Flat so that   his ownership can be established.

5. Indentity Proof of all parties.( Pan Card, Election Card, Passport etc.)

1 Like

Dr.A.V.Hardikar (State Repr.)     28 May 2010

I have made agrrement with builder for purchase of a plot .The agreement assured completion and handing over by Dec 09.

We paid all Demand money in time.

On Loan I am paying Rs 46000/ as Loan Insstlmt to Financer.monthly.

Naw as on May 10- builder says it will be comleted in end June-10.

We are paying our intalment . Naw nothing abt late handing over is writen in agreement.

We are demanding compensation to builder. He just saya we will think on it-oraly. My writen demand is not replied.

He has given -inc flat possetion to some very needful'

Is there any provision to recover late /delay in completing and giving possetion?

Should we accept possetion of INC flat?

Last instalment -to pay at time of possetion ,is due to pay.

Haw can we recover our damages-- monthly Instalments without posssesing Flat?

Niikhil C. Shirgaonkar (Self Employed)     28 May 2010

If there is no provision in your agreement for cancellation of the transaction, you have to give him a notice for cancellation of agreement for breach of contract. After completion of notice period you may go to the court by way of civil suit for declearing the said agreement to be void for breach of trems and conditions. You can recover the damages for already paid installemnts by filing complaint at Consumer Court for the same. However you agreement nedd to be perused carefully for initiating any such actions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query