LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun (wwwww)     05 August 2013

Buy agricultural landaaassasas

I am an Indian and stay in the middle east(ME), I am an expatriate in ME and will never get any citizenship in ME unlike USA, Australia,Europe. I like to return back to india in due cource of time. Hence I plan to buy an Agricultural land and start agriculture on return. I am not an agriculturist, not a permanent NRI. Can I buy the agricultural Land in Karnataka, India.

Learning

2 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     05 August 2013

how long you are staying in ME, if  it is more than 6 months u will be treated as NRI, and u cannot buy agriculture land in india

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 August 2013

To buy Agricultural Land you need to be a farmer as in you need to have the Farmer status holding the RED BOOK. It is a catch 22 situation that to buy Agricultural Land you need to be a farmer, but how can you be a farmer if you do not hold any agricultural land ? There are a couple of ways you can do this viz you can get the Farmer / Agriculturist status from the collector of the location in which you are interested to buy Land, needs liasioning through a local or there arecertain Locations in India where you can buy Agricultural land in India without being a farmer, once you have Agricultural land in your name anywhere in India in your name then you can on that basis buy Agricultural Land anywhere and claim your Agriculturist status

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register