Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hardik   13 November 2023

Building size in khata different from actual house layout plan - what to do?

I am planning to buy a property in Karnataka, which is land and a residential house constructed on top of it.

According to the house layout plan, the total built-up area is around 2600 sq feet.

In the Khata extract, the land size is showing as correct, but the building size is showing as 2000 sq feet.

Will this create an issue for me? Is this expected?

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 November 2023

The owner haw constructed the building to the extent of 2600 whereas he has obtained approval only for 2000 square feet. He may say that he will get it regularised, but as of now the extra construction is illegal and can be demolished by the competent authorities for illegal deviation reasons.

You obtain a legal opinbion and proceed only if recommended

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     13 November 2023

The building was constructed in the area of 2000 sq.ft. only out of 2600 sq.ft..  The 600 sq.ft. may be kept vacant as he may not be obtained permission for 2600 sq.t.  So if your want to consturct on the remaing part, you have to obtain permission from the concerned.

Hardik   13 November 2023

My mistake. Khata has 1200 sq feet as building dimension whereas constructed house is of 2600 sq feet.

In the sale deed, what should I mention? Should it be according to Khata or actual constructed house dimension?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register