LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KHALID YOUSUF ( )     16 December 2010

Building repair collection of fund

I am residing in Mumbra Thane Dist. Maharashtra. Building is illegal and under the builder for last 12 years. On 12th Dec 2010 at 9.30pm four  people from the building who are staying in same building came to our flat. Started demanding Rs 10,000 for the repairs of the building from my wife saying  the foundation is become weak, they need to collect 3 lacs overall to repair the same.

There is no society formed or Ad hoc committee formed. We declined to give in the amount, coz they did not have any documentations with them nor they had Structural Audit Report from local TMC deptt.

Now they have threatened my son, sayin if the amount of Rs 10000 is not paid withing 10 days we will have to face with dire consequences and they have the way to recover the amount from us.

I need your advise on this issue as to what next step I can take ?

Learning

9 Replies

Kanaksinh P.Boda (Educationist/Lawyer)     16 December 2010

Take help of local police for this highhandedness on the part of concerned people. Ask your wife to narrate the incident to the police and seek protection under the provision for senior citizen. They are bound to call the miscreants and take them to task. Thereafter, approach the Builder to find out the fact about repairs required, if any, as it is his responsibility in absence of conveyance to undertake the repairs. Give him a letter demanding to carry the repairs at his cost. If he does not cooperate, approaching Thane District  Consumer Court, for filing complaint against Builder, for deficincy in service will be ideal. 

amit (founder)     16 December 2010

As you mention your building is illegal. then builder and there men will try to find various ways to earn money. this is also one of them. get in touch with police.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     17 December 2010

There is nexus between such builders and police and TMC. Write to Prithviraj Chavan, CM, with copy to Urban Department of Maharashtra Govt.

Meanwhile lodge a formal complaint with police.

KHALID YOUSUF ( )     17 December 2010

True its the way of earning money and pocleting in it. Sad thing is here in this building no educated people resides. All are basically from UP or Embroidery workers. Builder has turned this building into commericial by allowing embroidery work being carried out in flats. This is another problem and here the local police doesnt do anythiong about it.

amit (founder)     17 December 2010

Sale your flat and quite from that building. Else these things keeps happening.

KHALID YOUSUF ( )     17 December 2010

There are no takers for the flat even at the original cost of when bought it. Its not registered either the building or society. No AD HOC COMMITTEE is formed .

H.M.Patnaik (Proprietor)     26 December 2010

Mr. Khalid what are the documents with you to prove ownership in absence of transfer deed or  membership of the housing society.Pl. enlighten about this to clear the position.

KHALID YOUSUF ( )     26 December 2010

Agrrement of the flat with the builder

H.M.Patnaik (Proprietor)     26 December 2010

In that case please get the said agreement verified by an experienced local lawyer,for finding out the modus-operandi to be adopted for early redressal of the grievances.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register