Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Snehankit Sadawarte   22 October 2020

Builders is not providing Completion certificate and Occupancy Certificate

I purchased flat in Pune in RESALE transaction in December 2017. An apartment has only 6 flats no society registered. The builder has built the flat building in 2014 and said to owners that he want to construct more and hence currently not giving BCC and OC. After further construction will provide BCC and OC. The same message was given by previous owner through whom I purchased the flat. My bank has also not asked these documents.Till today he has not constructed anything and not given the documents. Now I want to sale the flat but brokers and people are asking for BCC and OC. Now 2 of the flat owners including me are demanding BCC and OC but still builder is ignoring.
Queries - What is the limitation period for filing case in consumer court. Can we file case under RERA? Can we file complaint in Pune Municipal Corporation? Is there any other ways to get the documents.


 3 Replies

Adv Vinay Mathur + 8447131770 (Advocate)     22 October 2020

First without OC your occupancy is illegal.

If the whole land area size of society is above 500 sq meter than you can approach Rera Authority.

You can also complaint to Pune Municipality

sribhusan sukla (Free Legal Consultations)     22 October 2020

See Maha RERA Act. If the project area is above prescribed area, RERA would be most ideal for the relief sought for as this Act has been specifically made for protecting interest of buyers. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 October 2020

The cause of action is continuous, as such there is no limitation. You have the option to approach the consumer court as well.. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query