Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ASHISH   30 April 2019

Builder not returning booking amount of shops


I have booked a builder shop in greater noida and given total payment of around Rs 4 Lacs (3 Lacs white & 1 Lac Black) to builder.

After 3 years when i visited the builder office , he told me to submit the request for cancellation of shop and he will return the complete money including black within three months. After submitting the cancellation request aroung 8 months has passed and builder has not returned a single penny. Whenever i contact him, he makes some excuse and assure to return the amount soon.

Kindly guide me whats the legal procedure to get my money back including given in black.





 2 Replies

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     30 April 2019



File a recovery suit. 


Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 


You have options of going through civil court, consumer court, NCLT and RERA. I think Filing case in UPRERA would be most appropriate, RERA is specifically for situation like this.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query