LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

samee ( )     23 July 2023

Builder not giving handover hence difficulty in forming society

Our society was redeveloped by builder in 2007 and till today no handover is given by the builder.
We have formed a temporary committee to manage activities of building alloted to us.

Due to no for formation of society yet many owners are not paying maintenance but have rented their flats and enjoying the utilities of society. Can someone guide how should we form a society without builder.


 4 Replies

Sumitra kumar   23 July 2023



Your query suggests that builder still has his share in the society. Anyway have you complained to concerned RERA authority regarding possession?


My further suggestion would come only in accordance with declaration given on my home page.


Thank you.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 July 2023

You people who are managing the local committee can join together and form an association yourself, get it registered as per the procedures of law, and then issue a legal notice to the developer to handover the building documents and all other appurtenances of the buildiong to the assocaition.

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 July 2023

Society is a permanent body and its staus has no nexus with redevelpment or handing over of the dedeveloped building(s).

samee ( )     26 July 2023

Can we approach the Registrar for helping us in forming the society since the builder does not entertain us neither does he meet us. In such case a notice will not put pressure on him he will just drag the time.

If registrar can help. What is the procedure to approach the Registrar? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register