New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

___Raja___ (x)     19 October 2011

Builder modifying layout after completion certificate

Our society has recieved completion certificate from the municipal authorities. Now the builder is altering the boundry wall of the society as some part of the land within the boundry belongs to a third party and he has backed out of his agreement with the builder to develop this land. The problem is, the exit gate of the society now falls within this land and we are left with only one gate for both entry and exit. This is also risky for vehicles as incoming and outgoing traffic merge together in a blind spot.

Some questions,

1. Is the builder justified to make any changes to the approved plan after getting the completion certificate. What should be the societys plan of action against this.

2. Can these changes be challenged by us in front of the municipal authorities. Will they help in bringing a stay on the modifications?

3. If municipal authorities cant help us, do we have a case in consumer court?



 2 Replies

kusum gupta (prop.)     19 October 2011

you can file a suit to stop it.

___Raja___ (x)     19 October 2011

Is there a way to stop this without going the legal way? If we lodge a complaint with the municipal authorities who have issued the completion certificate, will they take note of this and stop the construction?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register