LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek Barde   26 November 2021

builder looted us by absconding after building only partial buliding

we had purchased flat in Nagpur few years ago. but builder even after getting money built only partial buliding and ran away. what can we do ?
we can't even sell our flat because not all flats are completed there is no lift and builder had sold same flats to multiple peoples.


 4 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     26 November 2021

No meaningful suggestion is possible unless the facts are ascertained and documents perused.

Shashi Dhara   27 November 2021

What can we do ,if builder abscond ,trace were he is or with others who are aggrieved  jointly file criminal complaint  against him to take action against him.

Anaita Vas   27 November 2021

1) You have to file police complaint for cheating , criminal breach of trust against the builder .

2) File a complaint before consumer forum for deficiency in service against the builder and seek refund of your money with interest . Also, seek compensation for mental trauma undergone by you.

3) Issue a legal notice to the builder.



Anaita Vas


Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 November 2021

Move to Economic Offences Wing of the police / SSP concerned in a complaint.

It is better to consult a local prudent lawyer for proper appreciation of facts / documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query