25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vimal charles (junior)     07 August 2010

builder claims title to property.. please help??

i entered into an agreement of sale with a builder in 1990 on condition that he will give some portion of the constructed area to me.. i also executed a power of attorney in his name..but he never completed the construction and i had to complete it after 10 years... i got the the building registered in my name and i own the building in every way.. now a person claiming to be an agreement holder of the original developer says that he is in possession of some part of the building and he filed a suit for injunction... how can i prove my title to the building??? the land is also in my name.. they are claiming the benefit of 53 A of the tp act.. they say that since the builder built the building he is the owner.. how can i defend myself??? any idea??? how can a person prove title to a building standing in his property when the building itself stood registered in my name in the local authority records???? can i prove anythin else???? please help???


 2 Replies

hari sri chunduru (advocate)     07 August 2010

to sell the property the builder cannot claim title to the proerty untill unless you have signed the documents along with the builder since you not cancelled the G.P.A given to the builder first get the document cancelled i.e the G.P.A given to builder through the court of law

vimal charles (junior)     09 August 2010

that was revoked in 1993 when the builder stopped construction..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query