LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ABHIJEET SATHE (National Manager )     09 March 2015

Builder asking legal heir

My mother had invested in a property with a builder . Before registration she expired . I and my father want to pull out of the arrangement . The builder has asked us to get a legal heir certificate . I had applied for the same to Tahsildar office . They had forwarded to Talathi for further processing . I wrote a application to Tahsildar not siting any specific reason for legal heir as had an impression that it is a blanket document which would be useful for various reasons . Talathi is now asking me to get a document with a reason for legal heir . Went back to the builder asking him for such a letter as they are asking me to provide legal heir . They are refusing that no such communication is required . They want to delay in returning the money also . Can you help me advise in this matter .

Learning

4 Replies

Jaya Pathak (Paralegal)     09 March 2015

Ask talathi to give you in writing that he needs a document from you stating the reason why you need legal heir certificate.

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     10 March 2015

Dear,, Talathi has no right to ask for it and he has to give you a legal certificate for any purpose whatsoever you may use or require .... Regards Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

K. P. Boda (Lawyer/Educationist)     10 March 2015

An affidavit in this behalf mentioning the purpose for seeking heir certificate should be sufficient enough in my opinion.

s k s k sarma (advocate)     10 March 2015

you can give xerox copies of the agreement and letter given to the builder to return of  your mother amount to thasidar on that basis he will issue legal heir certificate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register