LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sagar (NA)     21 July 2012

Builder asking extra money for registration [please help]

The builder is asking Rs. 1,70,000 as transfer fees from me. 

I had paid Rs. 34,700 as stamp duty but the builder did not come for registration in the stipulated time period due to which all the money got wasted.

Here are some points to consider:

1. The society is not yet formed.

2. The building is not yet completely built.

3. The builder is asking Rs. 77,000 for Electricity Meter + Maintenance charges for 4 years. [Above all he is not ready to give any bill for the same (Maintenance and electricity meter bill.)]

4. And moreover now I'll have to pay Rs. 1,50,000 as stamp duty and registration charges for my house.

5. He wants all the money in black. (He is not ready to give any invoice.)

Whom do I approach now? as the situation is going worse from day to day and he is threating us for money.

How do I register my house as the builder is not ready to come for registration.

Anything which can be done about the money I had paid for stamp duty which got wasted. 

P.S. -  I'm located in Mumbai.

Learning

2 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     21 July 2012

try to record and vedeo the conversation and meetings of yours with the builder and approach police to file a fir against the builder for threatening and cheating.

Sagar (NA)     22 July 2012

I'm in a hurry now, so I'm thinking to settle down the case by paying half the amount but I'll record the conversations. Can I file a case later for fraud and threating?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register