LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jacob Davidson   19 March 2022

BUILDER AGREED JV BUT DIDN'T BUILT SINCE 9 YEARS

Builder agreed to construct joint venture project with my uncle's property. my uncle went to abroad after signing the agreement. now since 9 years he haven't Constructed . He states there is some encumbrance in the land which he couldn't get approval for construction and he spent money in getting approval the money he wants back .
the original documents are in his possession he is trying sell the same for outright and settle the balance amount to my uncle . since my uncle is in abroad can I get his authorisation to handle the issue by the land grabbing wing in police and get documents and see how outright the property present value of the property is about 2-3 crores

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 March 2022

You can take further steps as per agreement between builder and your uncle. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 March 2022

In complicated cases initiated by a powerful builder equipped with men, money, and influence, you should get proper guidance through a local advocate and show him the documents.  Immediately file RTI application and seek information calling for all certified documents submitted right from making an application to final approval.  Getting proper approval is the responsibility of the builder, and the builder if there are encumbrances or hurdles in getting the approval should contact and intimate or issue notice to the owner of the property.  The owner is not obliged to pay the bribes paid by the builder for getting approvals.  if the builder fails to get proper approvals, he is under obligation to issue notice and cancel the agreement.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     20 March 2022

Obtain a Power of Attorney duly attested from your uncle / titleholder of the property 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register