Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vinay_2431 (engineer)     03 July 2018

Brothers wife threatening with false case on nri

Hello Experts,

My brother who is mentally retarted got married in 1997,its been 21 years since marriage happened , from past 10 years they are staying in a seperate house away from our mothers house.Recently there were some property disputes between the families,

My Brothers wife says I will file case on you staying that I am cheated and was made to suffer because of this mentally rearted man. 

and you guys didnt tell me during the marriage, she is doing this because she wants the entire property ,and not to be given to any of the other brothers because rest of the brothers are well settled ,  we already sacrificed a lot because he is rearted but she is not satisfied.

can she file such cases?? she is telling that once I file case on you you will not be able to go back to other country for years and your career will be spoiled.

Any help experts??

Learning

2 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 July 2018

From the facts statedm, there is cause of action for filing a case for cheating; moreover, she has no claim on property.

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     03 July 2018

Assuming your brother is mentally retarded from the time of his marriage and his wife has not complained in last 21 year that she was cheated and was not told about his husband mental condition, now it is presumed that she does not have any issue.

As they are living separately for last 10 years matrimonial cases also cannot be filled. So technically and legally she cannot do much, these are just pressure tactics.

For any help feel free to cal 9456777600.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register