IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

khazamohidin   08 September 2017

Brother willingly locked my property

My father gifted part of the house to me.It is two portion building.I got one portion registered in my name through gift.My elder brother staying in the remaining portion besides my portion has locked my portion willingly.I stay in another town .My father gifted property is in my home town.How to deal with such situation.under which sections can i approach police.My father is alive and i got property documents everything along with me.


 2 Replies

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     08 September 2017

In my opinion, you can file a suit in the nearest civil court to the property in question for attaining the possession over your share. Best get in touch with a local advocate to get you through the legal proceedings smoothly.

Anand Kumar   09 September 2017

This is wrongful confinement of your property . If he is restraining you to access your property you may file a criminal case of 341 IPC

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query