LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rashmi   15 March 2015

Brother threatens parents for property


We are three siblings 2 sisters and one brother. My sister is married and I've just started working. My elder brother and his wife are not having good relations with my parents. Brother is working and stays in parents’ house but he doesn't look after my parent’s needs and medical expenses. Instead he dominates my parent and pressurise them for money and property.

My father has already given him 60% of ancestral farm and on remaining 40% he has taken loan on father's name. He has also taken personal loan on our home which is on my mother's name. My father also has some self purchased property. He threatens my parents to commit suicide if they didn't do as he says, my parents are scared. In this condition my parents gets ready to sign on whatever he says.


We are worried my brother will take everything from my parents and leave them in bad condition. Can you please suggest what can be done to secure my parents property? 


 2 Replies

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     15 March 2015

Mam, Your parents can challenge the signature taken by your brother on the papers which are submitted in the banks as a security and all ... For the sake showing that your parents are not left with any property to pay off the loan amount you can seek partition of the property and get your share just as an eye wash.... Regards Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

K.P.Satish Kumar (Advocate)     16 March 2015

your parents can give complaint in police against your brother. And can move to court .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query