Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ayush Agarwal   01 December 2022

Broker provided wrong info about the owner of flat

I took a flat on lease in June, in Navi Mumbai. and the Broker Company has been harassing us for many small issues and have been asking us money. Which we've denied to pay till now. They didn't give us contact of Owner of flat also.
The company in question said that the owner is an IPS officer, which after our due diligence we found out that he is not as mentioned by broker. The Owner visited recently, and asked us to leave the flat by Jan as they wished to move in.

we've a rental agreement of 6 month lockin and the on month to month basis. The Lockin period is just completed in November.

Now I know they will harrass us again by cutting unnecessarily huge amounts of money from security.

How can I take action against them?


 2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     01 December 2022

Issue legal notice to broker and landlord stating relevant facts.

Lodge a police complaint for committing cheating, fraud and forgery by broker.

Seek professional services of a local prudent lawyer 

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     01 December 2022


Yes, you have to issue legal notice to the landlord and file a police complaint against the broker. 

You can move the court for protecting your possession of the property. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query