Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhuvan (abcd)     11 July 2013

Bribery-police complaint

Hi,

Whenever i go to police station for complaint (eg. licence lost etc), they ask for affidavit. They say to give Rs 110 and they will attach that on my behalf.

I was of suspicision that they are asking for bribe, so i said that i will bring this report again with affidavit.

Police man replied that, then he will take Rs 110 as writting charges.

My Question no. 1 : Do Police complaint (type Non Cognizable Report) require affidavit or does it includes any "Writting Charges"

My Question no. 2 : If this is bribery then is this Civil or Criminal in nature?

My Question no. 3 : How to prove this in court.

Is this enough that I go with my 2 friends, who can become withness in court.

I don't want to take risk of recording etc, as if officer caught me recording him, then don't know what he will do?

Learning

3 Replies

Q Slinger (NA)     11 July 2013

Go in with a pin hole video recorder and catch him in the act. Use pen or watch cameras for this so the police fellow will not be suspicious. Once you have the evidence, send it to ACB!

Ashok, Advocate (Lawyer at Delhi)     12 July 2013

There is no need to give any affidavit in support of your complaint submitted to the police station either in a cognizable case or in a non-cognizable case. A simple complaint with your signature, written on a plain paper, would be sufficient. No affidavit is needed.

Moreover, police cannot demand any money for lodging your complaint, in the name of writing charges or else. It is an indirect form of demanding bribe from you. Demanding and accepting bribe would be an offence under Section 7 and Section 13(2) read with Section 13(1)(d) of the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988.

You do not need to do anything else. Simply go to the Anti-Corruption Bureau office in your city and file your complaint of demand of bribe by the police station. They will take up your complaint and will conduct a trap operation to catch the police personnel while demanding and accepting the bribe. This is the best solution.

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     11 August 2013

use RTI Act

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register