Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Forrest (des)     28 November 2009

Bribe!!! corruption!!! Love matter!! pls help

Hi All, am new for this forum & need help and guidance.

I live in bangalore.

Yesterday evening I and my girlfriend were walking down the street in Vijaynagar (service road, parallel to main road) holding hands. Suddenly PC(Police constable) stopped us & started to scold us very badly using filthy words. He took both of our phone numbers. Then he made me to sit in his bike and said that he will take me to police station & put some case on me!!! I was afraid & sat in his bike. After riding 1km from the destination.. he asked me for money. I said I have only 100 rupees. so he stopped the bike there & took money & went.

Pls help me. What should I do if samething repeats again. How to handle the situation???

How to get rid of them. Pls help me.

I dont even know in which category I need to post this question. Pls help me.

I will be looking forward for a favorable reply.


 12 Replies

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005     28 November 2009



As per law police cannot arrest any person like this untill he hide his identity. But It is common practise of police everywhere. But if ur GF family know u then no need to afraid and move to the police station and file a complaint of harassment of both of u on road and extracting 1000/- as extortion monry. Then such type of police would chanelize. but u have to know bike no. and belt no. of police personal otherwise it will be tough and will not be easy to recognize them.




1 Like

Deepankar Dutt Sharma (Advocate)     28 November 2009

Lounge a complaint to the CP office if U know the name of that police officer and bike no. so the officer can easily be recognised there is no need to indulge your GF family if they are unaware of UR affair.

DeepankarDutt Sharma


1 Like


No use at all please. You can't fight with police in India. They are well respected Government servants in India. Next time if any Police Officer asks you tell them this is my wife sir. That Government servant will vanish. 

Forrest (des)     29 November 2009

Thank you all for your precious time and help. I am now feeling quite relief and glad that I can get help from you guys. Thanks thanks thanks a lot.

We are from respectful families and have control on ourself. We cant do anything which violate law or our self esteem. I and my girlfriend already have some plans to settle in life, getting good job and to financially support our family. But we never crossed our limits (except holding hands) and we never want to cross limit till our marriage or even after that as per the situation may be.

Prakash Vathore has given me good advice and so Venkat Rao but thanks for Sathya Prakash also for voting on Vathore. Thank you kamal and thank you Deepankar.

Thanks for the information you guys gave me and for helping me. thank you.

Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi is right but what if he askes us to prove that we are married??? There must be some proof also right??? It will again end up in huge mess.

The reason I gave money to that policemen is because we never wanted to include our family members in this stuff and to spoil their happiness. They will be very badly hurt and I and my gf lovelife may come to an end. I feared most because that policemen said that he will file some cases on me and I thought it may ruin my career and there's no way I can defend him. Nobody in both of our family as stepped into police station except for passport verification.

So asked you guys to help me & now I got some smile on my face and I will not be feared next time. I will do as you people said me. Thanks.

If you have somemore suggestions then pls feel free to say.

I will be looking forward for your reply.


Generally in India if you say that,we are husband and wife no one will look the lady as well as you in a wrong way. Unless and until if some one behaves in a wrong place in a wrong way then only the problem will start.


1 Like

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005     29 November 2009



If u dont want to take any legal action then the best option is;

Ask the police that he is ur fience and if the people would come to know then ur marriage will be breakdown and in such condition the police will be liable.

One of such incident happens in Chandigarh

"One day one pair of love birds caught by the police and boy told the same story.

Even then police took away both the persons into police station and call the parents of both the families. Both families were aware about each other.

Mother of the girl came into the police station and inquire who arrested both of them after finding the poice person, she litterly slap that police person.

Everybody was shocked why she did so. Then she wrote her complaint to the SSP that both the lovers are engaged and was to marry but now after this incident boy family will not accept my daughter and the whole responsiblity is of your police department. Police beg pardon time and again but even then she approach higher aughtorities and police who caught them was suspended and later on after feeling sorry in writing his services was resumed after a gap of 6 months.but after this incident, no police officer ever try to ask any couple who they are or what they r doing and still these words work alot.

So good luck and rate this incident.


1 Like

Forrest (des)     30 November 2009

That is really helpful and am very thankful for you all for helping me. I felt all alone and had no place to share my feelings and the fear I had was killing me and was so desperate. Really many many many thanks for you all. Pls keep up this great work. If I have any issues in future then will surely ask for your guidance.
Thanks again. Thanks thanks thanks a lot.

Feroz M Shafeeque (Police Officer)     01 December 2009

If you would like to proceed, please make a complaint to the Commissioner of Police regarding the incident. Don't think that there will not be any action against police personnel on public complaints. I don't think there are more departments which initiates disciplinary proceedings against employees than police department.


If you face such situations further, face the pc without any guilt feeling. This is the condition which is easily used by cops to their advantage for extracting money. Do make arguments so that public attraction is invited. In such cases they leave as girl is involved.

1 Like

Forrest (des)     01 December 2009

Thanks All. Am really glad that I got so many replies supporting me. Thanks a lot.

Thank you Feroz Sir for your concern and help. I never thought a police officer will be replying me and helping me in sorting out my problem but now am really feeling happy and glad for your reply sir. thanks.

Forrest (des)     01 December 2009

Thanks All. Am really glad that I got so many replies supporting me. Thanks a lot.

I need a small favor from you all. can I get phone number of some advocate or police officer who lives in Bangalore (because I stay in bangalore) and one who can support me.

If in case something repeats like this in future I can contact and get help directly.

I also want to know what is SP office and where is it in Bangalore???

This will be a great help and I will be looking forward for your reply. Thanks in advance.

Feroz M Shafeeque (Police Officer)     02 December 2009

Please go through the web site of Bangalore city police for more info.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     02 December 2009

 Let us not talk law when it is police. I have posted it many times and do it again. Why don't we open our eyes and admit it? Till when we shall be singing praises to our law and judiciary?

A pronouncement by Justice Anand Narain Mulla of the Allahabad High Court nearly half a century ago is often quoted even today. He said: “There is not a single lawless group in the whole of the country whose record of crime comes anywhere near the record of that single organised unit which is known as the Indian Police Force..”

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query