IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sweety singh   27 September 2018

Breaking of engagement


My roka happened ealier in the month of June and the wedding is fixed in the month of December.

After a couple of months the guy started to show his true colors, he talks very rudely to me, tries to control me, tries to know where i am and constantly calls me.

He accusses me to not wanting to talk to him, but instead i do want to talk but not when and how he wants. He is trying to control my life which i do not want.

I want to know under what sections i can accuse the guy and his family for this behavior. I want to break off the engagement but as it would be difficult for me to marry considering engagement break off, i want to teach the guy and his family a lesson for spoiling my life. Under what sections can i file cases?

I am Ok in spending money in the case. Please advise.




 3 Replies

Martin S.   27 September 2018

You have no legal standing to file any type of case as there is no relationshp between the boy and you.

You want to file case before marriage? What would you have done to him after marriage?

Find someone else.  1,342,512,706 people around you.  Find someone and marry.  Marrying in India is not a problem at all.

Siddharth Jain   27 September 2018

you can file a case against the boy and his family under section 406 and 503 of the IPC for the offences of criminal breach of trust and criminal intimidation.

For any other queries feel free to contact me at isidjain1@gmail.com

Samarpan (M)99958670740 (Free legal advice and legal aid cell)     28 September 2018

Break off the engagement and it is a good riddance that you know him well  in time.  Forget filing any case against him.  In Indian judicial system, both the complainant as well as accused get harassed to the hilt and they ruin their life in court corridors chasing the elusive justice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query