Dear Law Gurus,

Parliament derives its powers to initiate contempt for breach of privilege under Article 105 of the Constitution.  The powers are enjoyed by Parliament as well as state legislature. 

These legislative privileges are embodied in Articles 105 and 194 of the constitution. Article 105 provides for privileges for the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha i.e. Parliament. Article 194 is for state legislature. 

Both articles have their corresponding precursors in Sections 28 and 71 respectively of the Government of India Act of 1935. 

So what is power available to citizen or what action citizen can take when it is observed that government do not implement or execute or follow it's own made law.

Is there any way to ask Government for this or civilian have only option to go in court against Government. 








Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x