LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jaideep (Sr Consultant)     13 August 2021

Breach of contract/ cheating/ misleading customer- godaddy.c

Dear All,

I own a recruitment firm and operating the same from Ahmedabad Gujarat. My company domain is We have been using this domain since 2008 for website hosting and emails. 

We transferred the domain from in March 2021 from our existing domain service provider to on his request as the existing provider was changing his services and recommended to go for so we transferred our domain to them on 22nd March 2021 for a 1 year annual subscripttion. We got a confirmation too from godaddy that the domain has been transferred. However after 1 month they cancelled my service and put my domain out n the market without any instructions from our side and sent out a auto email saying domain is cancelled. We took this up with there support team which initially lied to us saying doman transfer was not successful when told them we have a confirmation they resorted to other tactics of misleading us technically. 

The Matter is still not resolved support is not responding and i have lost a lot business as our emails have been down and also our business reputation has taken  a hit 

Please advice on how i can take a case forward in terms of breach  of contract, Cheating and providing wrong information cause direct damage to business and reputation

Thanks all  in advance

PS: i would be also open to lawyer or firms who want to represent us on a mutually beneficial terms. 


 3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 August 2021

Give a complaint to Ministry of company affairs through online or Registered users can lodge a complaint online with the National Consumer Helpline portal of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution. Users need to register themselves with the portal to file or lodge their complaints online. One can also check the status of already filed complaints.

Jaideep (Sr Consultant)     17 August 2021

Sir but don't you think this is a breach of contract case they are now selling my website thru a broker  and the business and reputation damage caused is irreplaceable... Please advise

Nitish   08 October 2021

You Can Sue For Recission Of Contract And Also For Case Of Defamation,Suit For Damages . You Can Get Compensated Regarding This But There Is No Punishment To The Party Who Refused To Perform The Contract.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query