IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Meenakshi (--)     18 July 2013

Bonafide requirement


I am Meenakshi, I live abroad with my family (husband and two children) since 2006. I have OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) card. I had some dispute with my husband because of western culture and traditions but I don’t like that and now it is not possible to live with him. But I don’t want a divorce because I am from a good gentle family. So I am planning to settle back and spend my rest of life in (India) Delhi with peace and prosperity. I don’t have any property in India but my husband has his only property in Delhi which has two floors. There is a shop on the ground floor which is occupied by a tenant and nobody lives on the First or top floor.

       I want to ask you few questions:-

1. Can I live in that property on the first floor?

2. Can I get that shop for my own business (Bonafide requirement).That tenant has plenty commercial and residential property in Delhi.

3. Am I eligible to fight that case?

4. If yes how long it will take to vacant the shop?

5. What’s type of documents I need to prove my side?

6. Should I be in India all time during the case ?

7. How much it will cost to me?

    Please advice me what would be better options for me. Your valuable suggestion would be appreciated.




 1 Replies

prakharved (Medical officer)     20 July 2013



Has your husband agreed to you living in the house? Since the first floor is vacant, you can live in the 1st floor of the house. For other questions, It would depend on the details of the case.


I think you should take advice from an experienced property lawyer. You should visit www.lawkonect.com. Here you can post your query and a written reply would be provided to you by an experienced lawyer. It is very essential that you get to know about your options well and for that i think you should take professional help.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query