LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ketan   13 August 2017

Bombay rent control act

My son is staying at Mumbai with my wife's parents in a rented flat.Rent receipt is issued in name of my mother in law and my wife.My wife is staying at Ahmedabad and her parents want to shift to Ahmedabad due to age.Can the landlord claim the premises back on ground that none of the members in whose name the receipt is issued are not staying, or as the grandson is in occupation of flat the landlord wouldnot be able to claim it back?


 2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 August 2017

Intimation of possessor in rental flat to the land lord in writing is a must with his full identity.

Jitendra Ahuja (Lawyer)     13 August 2017

do not intimate anything in writing. keep using the premises promptly as landlord can sue for recovery of possession under section 16 (1)(n) of M Rent control Act,1999.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register