LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinu (executive)     27 August 2012

Blocking of mobile number

Mobile number used by the wife gets blocked by the husband. As the mobile number was brought on his name he does this to harras her by stopping her communication. He informs to the service center as sim lost and blocked the number as she filled a dv case on him. So how a wife fight against this legally? It's her right to get the mobile number that was used by her for more than 5 years.


 7 Replies

Adv. Nikhil Seth (legal consultant (9867264707))     27 August 2012

Its important to know who was paying the bill .  You can file an applicaton in court for  getting the number back till the final disposal of the case . 

surjit singh (Assistant)     27 August 2012

The simple solution is get a new mobile SIM in her own name. You can still file a complaint against the husband before the police that the SIM is not lost, it is being used by you (wife) and the husband gave false information to the police. The husband will be booked for wrongly informing the police inspite of having full knowledge that the SIM is not lost, just to harass the wife the husband is doing this, it will come under domestic voilence act and will be hard to escape for the husband.

1 Like

Vinu (executive)     27 August 2012


It's a prepaid number and the wife paid and used.

stanley (Freedom)     28 August 2012

Dear Mrs Vinu , 

As the Sim is registered in the name of the husband he has every right to block the same . Take for instance this sim is being used for wrong full purposes like threathening some one and for drug dealings or to make a hoax call of a bomb threat . The husband can always argue on these terms in the court of law that he would  be held responsible as the sim is registered in his name. 

The simple logic is to apply for a new sim or ask the service provider if this particular no can be allocated  as a new sim .why break your head legally and get entangled running up and down to the court  and wasting your money on lawyers fees etc when there is a simple solution .   I like your posts Mrs Vinu :-)

Vinu (executive)     29 August 2012

Thanks Mr.Stanley,

The wife used it for official purpose. Hence, she felt her important business calls are missed and that number is identified as her number in the society for more than 5 years. I value your point wasting money on lawers fees is not a wise decision for this simple issue.


Simply make a humble application in writing to the Hon'ble Judge for your DV matter that your husband has done such mischeif and make a prayer that the same number is required as social and business network shall be scatterd due to blockage of the sim card.

dr. t. r. rawat (govt job)     31 August 2012

aggry with you, telecom company gives sim for your self use. the allty is responsible for all calls done by the sim hence has right to block it. and also to block sim it is not required to file ncr in police station so no action can be taken against husband.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register