New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Syed   30 September 2023

Blocking my way.

There is a government road from my
neighbouring colony approaching towards my wall and also touching it which is on the dead end. I had put a gate here 20 years back on this open plot and now I have constructed the house and wanted to put the gate back but the neighbors are not allowing me and has constructed a wall on the government road to block my way.

Is it legal for me to open a gate here as it is not an obstacle to anyone as this is a dead end and also is it legal to erect a wall on the government road.
Looking forward for your valuable advice.


 4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 September 2023

If the road ends in your building and if that was also one of the exit/entrance to your house property, then you can very well re-fix the gate that was abandoned earlier.

The building of a wall on the gvovernment road by your neighbor especially with the intention to block your way is illegal. 

You can file a suit for mandatory injunction to direct the neighbor to remove the wall by demolition and also to not to obstruct your easement rights. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 September 2023

for understanding of your problem it is neceesary that papers are seen andlocation is seen. 


please meet a lawyer.

Syed   01 October 2023

Thanks a lot Kalaiselvan/Sudhir for ur valuable advice..

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 October 2023

You are welcome.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register