LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vikrant (it)     24 January 2010

black mailing

I got married in nov 2008. Three months back father of my wife take her back to his home. without reason .  now we are asking them to send her back but they refuses. 2 days back I called a meeting with some persons from my place and some from her place. In the meeting her father demanded for cash, jewellery and property of my father inliew of sending back her to our home. My father offers a rental house (rent will be paid by my father) but still they refuses.

In marriage all expenses occured by us and my father-in -law gave a 2 lacs cheque for doing expenses for food, furniture and all.

My wife threatend me of commiting suecide.

Please tell me what should I do.

Learning

25 Replies

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     24 January 2010

Go to the police station and lodge a complaint as a buffer against her taking precipitate action against you. Forget reconciliation. If she is hell bent on destroying you monetarily, any talk of reconciliation is baloney. Donot fall for this trap.

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     24 January 2010

Dear vikrant,

Please dont do anything haste.  Just wait for good time to come to start negotiations fresh and try to discuss the exact problems with your wife's family and with your wife.  Settlement and negotiations are most important at this stage. Take the assitance of some family counsellors/ elders of the locality / politicians and try to make negotiations and purchase peace at any cost.  Life is short.  Try to live peacefully.  If you take any legal actions,  your wife may also take legal actions and both of you will loose peace.  I again say "purchase peace at any cost."

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     24 January 2010

This happens in films.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     25 January 2010

Objectivity arises from subjective experiences and thoughts. Good luck to Mr. Vikrant. If you can fight bitterly and then patch up, leading to blissful life with emotional involvement, as if nothing ever happened, what better life can you expect than this? My good wishes.

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     25 January 2010

File a case under section 9 of HMA and also mention that she and her father threat you of commiting suicide etc. Either she has to come back to you or she has to refuse then you can make your decision easily and if she refuse then she will not be able to get even maintenenace in future from you. good luck.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     25 January 2010

Mr. Grover's advice is unexceptional. It is also a practical suggestion.

nikhil kumar sinha (legal associate)     25 January 2010

really a good suggetion , now it ll give ur wife two options , take it or leave it

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     26 January 2010

1) file an fir about threating of comiting sucide.

2) file a rcr

3) take a little rest

4) get ready for 498a & dv

"In the meeting her father demanded for cash, jewellery and property of my father inliew of sending back her to our home. My father offers a rental house (rent will be paid by my father) but still they refuses."

what is her actual complain, why for she refusing to stay in her matrimonial home?

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     27 January 2010

When heart rules, mind stops functioning. There are no if, buts, and reasons. Having walked thus far, there is no turning back. Take preemptive action and be prepared for a long drawn fight.

Rajan Salvi (Lawyer)     27 January 2010

what is her actual complain, why for she refusing to stay in her matrimonial home?

Million Dollar question.

Is not the father afraid that once exposed to physical satisfaction, and now , deprieved of it, there are chance of the lady going astray? Is he not concerned about the poor ladies feelings? Go and bring back ur wife from her father's place. Instill love in her with so much care and attention that she should come out of the influence of her parental home.

Rajan Salvi (Lawyer)     27 January 2010

Million Dollar question.

Is not the father afraid that once exposed to physical satisfaction, and now , deprieved of it, there are chance of the lady going astray? Is he not concerned about the poor ladies feelings? Go and bring back ur wife from her father's place. Instill love in her with so much care and attention that she should come out of the influence of her parental home.

At the same time i would like to add that there is wisdom in the words of Mr Agarwal. 

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     27 January 2010

Morals have no place with her or with her father.

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     27 January 2010

every persons have his individual mind set. when a person thinks deeply on a matter, he reaches nearer to the truth.

Rajan Salvi (Lawyer)     28 January 2010

every persons have his individual mind set. when a person thinks deeply on a matter, he reaches nearer to the truth................ or goes further away from it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register