LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

yogesh   22 May 2015

Birth name change

Hi, I was born in sonipat, a district in haryana in year 1990. My parents registered my birth in the name of " Yudhishthir". Soon after that they changed my name to "Yogesh" which is my present name. I have all the documents in my present name only "Yogesh". Now I want to apply for a passport. I guess it is mandatory to furnish your DOB certificate. Civil authority in haryana is denying to change my name in DOB certificate. According to website,Passport authority wants two things 1) deed poll/ sworn affidavit 2) news paper clipings of name change declaration. My question is : Can I get the name change declaration ( yudhishthir to yogesh) published in newspaper after 24 years of birth. Is it valid?? In what format it should be? P.S. I am not changing name back to the original. I just need to have a proof that my parents changed my name just after birth. Thank you Yogesh

Learning

4 Replies

bsrao   22 May 2015

Yes, you can your name any time. Please look into your local classified ads on NAME CHANGE and follow that format. 

Amol Kende (No)     25 May 2015

Dear Sir,

I think Gazzet declaration might be help full in this case plesae suggest me if m wrong it will work as affedevit also as well as permenant status also it wll greetful if any change or updation on this please confirm so its helpful to update my knowladge too

Thank you

Shivshankar Mishra (Advocate cum legal adviser )     27 May 2015

A person can change his/her name anytime through the process of law. Also as far as concern to add in newspaper you can give the add changing the name in newspaper once you execute the deed pole because both are the related document. 

As suggested by Mr. Amol Gazette Declaration is also an alternate option provided the Passport Authority accepts the same.

Regards,

Shiv 

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     07 August 2016

Yes, you can your name any time. Please look into your local classified ads on NAME CHANGE and follow that format. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register