LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RJRJRJRJRJ (system support)     22 April 2019

Birth certificate registration for 61 years old for passport

I am 61 years old and born in Chennai, born at home and not registered my birth till now(not needed untill now). Since my father came from Nepal, we still speak and known in local as Nepalese family.. I have proofs like ration card, voter id, pan card, pension certificate, aadhar card.

We applied for passport probably more than year ago and i received one too. At the time of application we gave two address proof as we just moved into a new home so two police verification was trrigered. One from my old area one from the new area. The New area's police came home verified the details and approved the application but the old area police verification agent knew about me and my family (i am lived there 35+ years) and refused to accept any of the other proofs as a valid date of birth and sent report to PSA.

I received a letter to appear to PSA along with my passport and the agents were very nice to me and suggested to resolve the dispute with the Police station itself and retriggered my police verification report to the same police station and to the same verification agent. The police verification agent never called me to ask about it again, even after i reminded him that he might have received one verification in my name. i believe later he might have sent the same report. So PSA later asked me to surrender the passport, which i did immediately. its been more than a year now. 

My son is working in a foreign country and visits me regularly but he also wants me to visit him so that he can show me where he stands in his life because of my efforts.

Help me out with any options i may have to get my passport. Thanks in advance.


 3 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     23 April 2019

Your passport has been held on hold and for getting the process completed the police verification as per the requirements is to be done. The fact you don't have birth certificate if India and your parents were from Nepal, that's the issue which is delaying the issue. You can get an declaration order from local civil court about your Indian origin by birth on the basis of all documents you got and direction for the Passport authority to release your passport.

RJRJRJRJRJ (system support)     23 April 2019

my response to your questions 

Q: Are you receiving a pension from India being in the Indian Military service or a service of Tamil Nadu govt. or Central Govt.? 
Ans: Yes. receiving Pension from TamilNadu Govt.

Q) Are you Indian national or domicile Indian? Are you Napalese citizen? Did you relinquish Nepalese citizenship and acquired the Indian nationality etc etc.?
   Ans: Complicated. I was born in Chennai and was on and off to Nepal and Chennai until I secured a job in TN Govt at the age of 25 and settled here since then. I don't have any proof in Nepal as I am never intent to obtain one. Even if I want to relinquish  Nepalese citizenship I should have one to do so. 

Q) Your son abroad is holding an Indian PP? 

Ans: Yes My son is an Indian Citizen by birth and by his marriage. He is not in Gulf country and his country will allow obtaining a visitor visa.

Thank you so much for responding.!! Appreciate your help

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 April 2019

Having born in Chennai you are an Indian citizen. There is no necessity in your case that birth certicate be produced for issue of passport. Entry in other documents would suffice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads