Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish Raheja (Mechanical Engineer)     16 February 2014

Birth certificate for an adopted child.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Accept my gratitude, the query is that my uncle had adopted a boy child 2 yrs back without any legal formalities from a friend of one of their relative from Mumbai. They do not posses the child's birth certificate and also have lost contact with the person from whom the child was adopted. Now the problem is that without birth certificate difficulties may occur like school admission and to name a few.
Please advice what can be done in this situation so that birth certificate can be obtained and my uncle and aunty become the legal guardian of the child.

Thanking you
Ashish Raheja

Learning

3 Replies

Chellapandian (Legal Consultant)     17 February 2014

Dear Mr Asish Raheja,

First of all i would appreciate your uncle and aunty for their noble act of adopting a child.

Here is what i would suggest, Given that whereabouts of the parents not known, you can access any adoption agency (certified by govt of india,CARA) and explain the scenario and they can help you get this adoption done legally. 

Especially in your case agency can take a stand following the procedure for "adoption of an abondned child" thereby the birth certificate will be taken care by the agency and  CARA.

Please find the procedure below.

https://adoptionindia.nic.in/guideline-family/Pre%20adoption%20procedure.html

LIST OF AGENCIES:

https://adoptionindia.nic.in/cara-network/SAA.html

HOPE IT HELPS.

Thanks,

Chellapandian.k

Ashish Raheja (Mechanical Engineer)     17 February 2014

Thanks a lot for all the information you have provided, we'll definitely reach CARA for this.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 February 2014

The problem has been very properly addressed by Mr. Chellapandian, I endorse his views and suggestions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register