Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

drtom (a)     03 August 2012

Birth certificate complex issue

Hello All,

My mother's birth place was Ranchi, bihar in 1960.
Later my mothers' parents moved to punjab and settled there after around 4-5 years or so.

Looks like they never registered the birth while being in Ranchi.
We now have to apply for my mothers birth certificate, can some one please share some epxeriences and what process we have to follow.

Do someone has to visit ranchi and check and apply at local MC office there...?
I am assuming, no one will be remembering what place they were staying there in ranchi. :)

Any help/ suggestions are appreciated.

thanks

Learning

8 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     03 August 2012

You will have to file a criminal miscelleneous petitin in the court to get enter you mother's birth certificate. Before this you will have to apply for your mother's birth certificate. The registrar of birth will issue non availability certificate, on the basis of that certificate you will have to file petition. Jurdiction is the Ranchi.

Naveen Kumar (service)     03 August 2012

Adv Rajeev is correct, but if your mother is alive you can directly file a petition under  Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969. seek some local advocate opinion

thanks for replies.

thanks for replies.

so one thing is for sure here, that we have to do this in ranchi for applicstion of birth certificate.?

also one more thing to bring to your kind attention is my mother class Xth certificate is from Punjab. would that be a problem. or can this help from not going to ranchi for the whole episode.

thanks for replies.

so one thing is for sure here, that we have to do this in ranchi for applicstion of birth certificate.?

also one more thing to bring to your kind attention is my mother class Xth certificate is from Punjab. would that be a problem. or can this help from not going to ranchi for the whole episode.

Naveen Kumar (service)     03 August 2012

Class 10th Certificate doesn't problem, Punjab is also a part of india.  Only thing is that you need to be physically at concerned jurisdiction Magistrate Court.  It will take 6 to 7 months

pradeep (na)     05 August 2012

Why you need Birth Certificate at this jucture after  52 yrs of her age?

Date of birth may be definetely there in Class 10 certificate.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     06 August 2012

The Register shall, as soon as the registration of a birth or death has been completed, give, free of charge, to the person who gives information under section 8 or section 9 an extract of the prescribed particulars under his hand from the register relating to such birth or death.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register