Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sumit (CA FINAL)     06 August 2013

Birth certificate & passport

my DOB-16-12-1988 born in i am residing in DOB-16-12-1990 in 10th Marksheet.i want to apply for a passport.for that i need proof of birth .Currently i dont have birth certificate ,however i am sure that my birth is registered in chandigarh as i was born in hospital.


Plz tell if i apply for a passport ,will they ask my marsheet as an additional proof.

If i go chandigarh birth registrars now ,i think name will not be there on my certificate and as per my knowledge ,name cannot be added to it after 15 years of birth.


plz guide what should i do???


 7 Replies

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     10 August 2013

Passport you have to register on line, so that date and time will be given to you asper your choice of Passport office nearest to your residence. You need your 10th Class certificate on that your date of birth should be mentioned. Your date of birth is 16-12-1988 and you get your Birth certificate from your place of birth, your name is not mentioned your father name, mother name will be mentioned. Your birth was not registered now you can apply and get birth certificate.

sumit (CA FINAL)     10 August 2013

I want to know if i show them birth certificate then is it necessary to show them the proof of marksheet??

Priya Sukumaran (Consultant)     16 September 2013

yours is very complicated case..u must produce a court order..

u first get your birth certificate

then apply for a court order to get your birth certificate in the certificate dob..

then apply for passport..this is the only solution you have..

Saibhaskar (student)     20 December 2013

Hi everyone Im from hyderabad and my name is Bhaskar. My dob is 4-3-1994 but in my 10th class certificate it was wrongly printed as 4-3-1993.And I tried to change my dob in 10th certificate but no use.Now do I need dob for passport or can I manage with 10th class certificate.If I need to produce dob for passport what should I do.PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS.


Priya Sukumaran (Consultant)     20 December 2013


You must take court order from hydearbad corporation building and correct your birth certificate with that of tenth mark sheet.

The court will allow you to continue your tenth mark sheet birth date thereafter

Then with the court order take a new birth certificate

With that new birth certificate and tenth mark sheet u can apply for your passport


Prateek Kumar (AAO)     22 December 2013

Namaskar, I have a confusion regarding my name... In my educational documents ranging from 10th standard till MBA my name is PRATEEK & Father's Name is ARVIND KUMAR whereas in my other IDs like PAN, VoterID, Banks A/c etc my name is PRATEEK KUMAR.. And recently I am selected as AAO in LIC where I gave my name PRATEEK KUMAR. LIC has also done with the verification process and didn't said any thing about my name. But still I have somewhere in my mind that it may create some problem later on. Even while applying for Passport it would create problem. So what legal procedure could be followed in this regard?? And would this thing create problem in my employment in LIC?? Thanks in advance.

Rahul (TL)     25 February 2014

my name in xth & xiith certificates is rahul while in graduation & identity proof is rahul kumar. i want to apply for passport. what document other than xth i can produce
awaiting for all you advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register