LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manish (a)     05 October 2012

Birth certificate

I am sure there will other threads as well.

but i am posting this because 1) could not found search option 2) i think my case is little different, may be.

anyways. My mother is not having her birth certificate. She was born in Ranchi in 1960. But her parents moved after some years to a village in punjab where she completed her matriculation. so her Class X cert is basically from state of punjab. but her birth place was ranchi. her parents are alive and are not in good health conditions ( even difficult to talk, walk). in this case, how do we proceed in applying for her birth certificate.

also to mention, all we have is one bank account passbook where i think her fathers name is mentioned and an address. other than this, no document for ranchi is available.


any help/ suggestion is appreciated.


 1 Replies

P.K.Haridasan (Advocate)     07 October 2012

Immediately get two affidavits seperately from  your mother's father and mother  stating the facts that her parents were in Ranchi  at the time of your mother's birth  and get it attested by a notory public. Then aapproach to the local panchayath office  in Ranchi to get  the registrtion of the birth.Since the birth is in 1960 there is every possibility of tracing out the details . I mean if not in Panchayath from Village Office. If so get a certifified copy from them.Find out from Ranchi what are the formalities to be complied with. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register