Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vinu nair (Trainer)     18 March 2012

Birth certificate


I was born on 11 july 1991, at gwalior .

But my birth was not registered at that time or i dont remember. 

Now i stay at Mumbai Maharashtra.

I need my birth certificate.

how can i get it???

plzz tell the actions I need to take...

its really very very urgent.

soo plzz do reply ASAP!!!!!!


can i apply it online please reply and if you can take that doc ill pay your fees via card payment.


 11 Replies

Pragati (law student)     18 March 2012


apply to SDM of your locality...along with the affidavit of birth ragistrn  + an application and attach photocopies of residential proof of the particular year in which you took birth and 10th certificate.

within 7 working days an enquiry will be conducted by the dpt after that SDM will pass an order copy of which you have to sent to MCD office from where u will get ur certi.

1 Like

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     18 March 2012

Please go through Sec 13 (1) (2) & (3 ) of Reistration of birth & death Act-and follow Pragati's advice to contact to SDM.

Delayed registration of births and deaths.
13. (1) Any birth or death of which information is given to the Registrar after the expiry of the period specified therefor,but within thirty days of its occurrence, shall be registered on payment of such late fee as may be prescribed.

(2) Any birth or death of which delayed information is given to the Registrar after thirty days but within one year of its occurrence shall be registered only with the written permission of the prescribed authority and on payment of the prescribed fee and the production of an affidavit made before a notary public or any other officer authorised in this behalf by the State Government.

(3) Any birth or death which has not been registered within one year of its occurrence, shall be registered only on an order made by a magistrate of the first class or a Presidency Magistrate after verifying the correctness of the birth or death and on payment of the prescribed fee.

(4) The provisions of this section shall be without prejudice to any action that may be taken against a person for failure on his part to register any birth or death within the time specified therefor and any such birth or death may be registered during the pendency of any such action.

2 Like

Sumit Rawat (student)     19 March 2012

What could be the residential proof of the particular year in which I took birth(26/10/1990) if :-

-> no electricity bill of that date is avalable.

-> no water bill of that time.......

-> no gas connection bill......

-> no pass book entries of that time is available......

-> no ration card , no voter ID card  , no passport of parent of that time is available.

plz tell ....I need it..............

Sumit Rawat (student)     20 March 2012

one more thing also my father was self employed at that time........

bhavin (ADVOCATE)     20 March 2012

just go to the concern municipality  or civic center and give simple application for obtaining the status of your bith registration . it is possible that ,it is already registerd because if you born in hospital then it is a duty of concern doctor and/or hospital to register your birth.

vinu nair (Trainer)     20 March 2012

hey thnku so much for the reply.....................thnku thnku thnku pragati will do according to these steps

vinu nair (Trainer)     20 March 2012

yes thnku so much arvind sir for all the details which you provided..........

thnku sir...god bless you all

Ankita Bhattacherjee (Student)     06 May 2012

hey can anyone please tell me the where to find the affidavit for late registration of birth? and what should an illegitimate child do in such cases where his/her birth isn't registered within one year? i read all the information available online, but still can't understand the affidavit part. I am from Kolkata and the forms i keep finding online are of Chandigarh. So somebody please help me...i need my birth certificate done asap.

Ankita Bhattacherjee (Student)     06 May 2012

and i also need to know who are the four concerned parties who should sign my copies of certificate of live birth! PLEASE HELP

Roopnarine Balramsingh (info)     10 October 2013


I am looking for guidance on how to go about finding birth information of my grandfather Jugdip Singh who migrated from India to Trinidad and Tobago in 1912. He was born in 1886 and was 26 years old when he came to Trinidad and only recently found his information in the Trinidad national archives. He came from the district of Gwalior. I am trying to research information on the actual address he lived in Gwalior India. Any help I can get will be much appreciated. Looking forward to a reply.

Thank you.

Roopnarine Balramsingh 

jagadesh (engineer)     11 October 2013

You have to apply in Gwalior. Approach Municipality or Tehsil office. If u have born at hospital, the birth have been registered already. Apply in Municipal office.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register