LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kishore kumar d (student)     16 January 2012

Birth certificate

hello sir
        my name is kishore kumar d.i was born in chennai. nd my grand parents registered my birth,while registering they have given my fathers name with a small spelling mistake i.e correct name of my father is devendran r while they wrongly registered as devandran. also my mothers name is shanti d while it is wrongly registered as shanthi.all my records give my fathers name correctly as devendran r and my mothers name correctly as shanti d.the certificate doesnt show my name as it was registered at the time of birth.now i need to apply for my passport.what is the procedure to make this corrections and what is the supporting documents required ???plzz help me.. i presently study in bangalore.i cannot afford to travel to chennai many times... plz help me...


 3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     16 January 2012

To change the names in the certiificates is lengthy procedure, so it is better go as it is.

kishore kumar d (student)     16 January 2012

i need that to apply for my passport.how can i get a passport then??

ravisankar (advocate)     16 January 2012

There is no provision in Birth and death Registration act to correct the errors in the birth or death certificate. You can file a civil suit directing the birth registrar to correct the error in the birth certificate. You have no instant remedy. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register