LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gudiya Shaikh   03 March 2024

Birth certificate

Please anyone help

My Father name is Incorrect on my birth certificate with spelling mistake now I am 30 year old. But As of now CAA act We require birth certificate Without spell mistake and must be same parents name As they have on their certificate.. 

Can I change or Correct my birth certificate 


 3 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     04 March 2024

Get it rectified by competent authorities or publish in official gazette as per rules.

Gudiya Shaikh   04 March 2024


But can Birth certificate be corrected? and how

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 March 2024

There is no need to correct your father's name in your birth certificate, because no applicaiton will be entertained by the registrar of births and deaths or the competent authorities in this regard.

Birth certicicate cannot be corrected at this stage for any reason.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register