LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prashant (NA)     14 August 2010

Birth Certificate

I want to have my Birth Certificate in english along with my name in it. After checking with few people I came to know that  the name can not be added if the person is above 15 yrs.

Could anyone guide me how to get a Birth Certificate of Legal Document which have below information in it.

Name, Father's Name, Mother's Name, Date of Birth, Place of Birth.

Thanks

Learning

4 Replies

Koumarish Bhattacharya (Advocate)     14 August 2010

The Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969 does not specify what should be the contents of the birth certificate. The Act itself is silent in respect of 15 years time limitation. However, there may have some bar at different Corporations or Municipality's own rules. Verify yourself with your local Authority. 

Prashant (NA)     15 August 2010

Thanks for thr reply.

I am from Indore, MadhyaPradesh and at Indore Municipal Corp. they refused to add the name in Birth Certificate.

Is there any other way to get my name added into my Birth Certificate?

Mugundhan (Lawyer)     15 August 2010

you can file a suit before the munsif court for mandatory injunction directing the corporation to include the particulars in the birth certificate

pallavee (lawyer/Advocate)     18 August 2010

The normal process is getting an affidavit done and notarizes it properly. It has to be done through the health dept. and they may ask for a judges verdict for the statement and content to be true.

You should get it done and submit with a prescribed fee to the health dept. or any othere governmental dept in-charge with birth and death related issues, such as corporation office, etc. With a letter of what you want to get changed or added.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register