Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Girish (student)     27 June 2011

Birth certificate

Sir,

I am S.Girish, studying +2 CBSE.  My father passed away when I was 6 months old. My Mom received birth certificate from corportation office with out name, Only line was there in the name column. When I was admiitted in Pre.K.G she write my name as "S.Girish" on the above line and admitted. My X certificate also in the name of S.Girish. But my mom lost original birthcertifacate. So when she  apply  for certificate , in that the name was entered as "S.Jairaman".  May be my father does not clearly told this Name to my mom. From Pre.K.G to till Cbse class X certificate are in the name of "S.GIRISH" only. Can I change my current name through Gazette. In Legaheir certificate also my name is S.Girish only.  My Birth place is Theni. Sir Kindly give a clear procedure to change my name as S.Girish.  I want to take Passport soon, Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Best Regards

S.Girish

Learning

4 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     27 June 2011

You can publish a gezatte notification for the change of name in the proforma,which is available in the website of the Tamilnadu Governmetn and use it for your future studies and employment.

Girish (student)     27 June 2011

Thanks a lot Sir.  My Doubt is My Birth certificate says "S.Jairaman" but all my records says "S.Girish". While giving an ad to local news paper how will I give. Please clarify .

After Gezette notification , can I apply to passport with that notification it self.

Thanks in advance 

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     27 June 2011

Ad may be in the name of Girish.Gazette is the authenticated one for the change of name, and you need to enclose it with every application.

Girish (student)     29 June 2011

Thank you sir. One more clarification. I am going to get gazzete notofocation of name change in 2011 only. But my X certificate issued on 2010 is in the name of S.Girish. In passport office did they accept the gazzete notofication as a proof of birth certificate. .If any procedure is there after getting gazette notification, can i change my name in Birth certificate.

Thnaks a lot

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register