LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tipsy (importer)     17 August 2011

Bill not receved hence not paid



I am a member of a co-operative housing society in Mumbai. I have regularly paid  maintenance bill and one of the bill was not recd by me and I did not pay and they have shown outstastaning in the balance sheet , I have wriiten following complain letter to them.

what steps should i take an di have asked them since you have prepared balance sheet , you should have shown the outstanding figure as on date as well as 31.03.2011,with a reason and a effort made by managing committe


Sub : Complain in terms of Byelaw No 173 for Listing  my name  in defaulter  list


Dear Sirs,


After recently obtaining a copy of  balance Sheet from society office, I was concerned to note that Every CHS Ltd has placed my name in "Default List"


Further to this, neither I nor my wife have a recollection of ever receiving such a default notice, and I therefore require you to substantiate this data at your earliest convenience.


I would also like to submit my complain as per byelaws No 173 to the office bearer of Kaveri CHS Ltd for  listing my name in defaulters  list without any investigation


Kindly take necessary steps to remove any outstanding on my name and send me a hard copy verifying that I do not have any outstanding along with a apology letter


If  payment is not received by pre-established date. , than you charge interest, in the next bill but how

do you assess the situation, if the bill is not received by the member


Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter.


what steps can be taken by members of the society?? 



 1 Replies

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     17 August 2011

How does it impact you if your name appears in the defaulter list.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register