LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shiva (sales)     10 July 2011

Bigamy with out proof???


This is Shiva . A false 498A case was filled against me. I got my married in may 2008.The girl was not interested in the marriage and was not interested in the matrimonial life with me  .the girl left on same day . She  was not intrested in matrimonal life   So our family kept this issue in panchayathi commity in june 2008 . There after listening to both conversations they ended by giving divorce and I have to return the amount and belongings which is given by the girl. We followed the panchayats order and returned the amount and belongings,the panchayat has given written statement that everything is received from boy's end and given statement that both parties should not file any case against each other.From that day I didnt had any kind of relation with them.

she has filed 498 and dvc cases . all our family was kept behind bars.My mother expired after that due to heart attack. Now I came to know that she has done second marriage and her husband stays in abroad . I dont have any proof to show her second marriage. Can a file bigamy case against her with out any prrof??/ what is the procedure to file bigamy




 5 Replies

Kalyana mari Muthu (advocate)     10 July 2011

how you came to know about her second marriage, by that sourse you can launch a complaint , and file a divorce case against her that the marriage is nul and void due to non consumation 

shiva (sales)     10 July 2011

Thanks muthu ji...I came to know about her marriage from her relatives....will be there any chance to file bigamy with out proof?

sudhakar.RVS (Advocate)     11 July 2011

There must be substantial evidence to give in the court of law to support your statement filed by you One of their relatives should come forward to help you and give evidence in the court of law about her second marriage with proof. Then only u r case becomes strong .




shiva (sales)     11 July 2011


      what about filing FIR in the police station....let police do the investigation!! can I file complaint on her with out proof?

Raghav Sood (Lawyer)     11 July 2011

only private complaint lies in offence of bigamy.

little hard to say its difficult to prove bigamy coz you have prove all the ceremonials saptapdis with clinching evidence and its the another man who will be punished not your wife. you have to make both of them as accused if you have overwelming evidence

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query