LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

preethi   24 November 2022

Bigamy can i quash to remove my parent, my 2nd husband's name, and my husband's parents from fir

I had married for 2nd marriage in the USA where my 1st husband had filed bigamy on my 2nd husband, my parents, and my 2nd husband's parents. He got a marriage certificate from USA for cheating,bigamy


query: can I quash to remove my parent, my 2nd husband's name, and my husband's parents from FIR


 4 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     24 November 2022


You are in hurry to detail the query- the  second husband is Indian ? His parents are staying in India?

if you married while already having a husband then you and your husband can be prosecuted for bigamy, but your parents or your husband's parents simply can excuse themselves from all this tantarum- they cannot be held held laible except if they knwoingly helped to commit the crime.

SImply let them file writ petition to qush FIR against them in high court..


preethi   24 November 2022

I and 2nd husband in USA

my parents and his parents in india

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 November 2022

Yes, they can move a petition for discharge or approach the High Court under Section 482 CrPC.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     24 November 2022

get a good lawyer and quash the FIR against your parents, otherwise also they have nothing to do with what you did. meanwhile you should apply for divorce there and get your first marraige decreed as obsolete.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query