LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sagar jadhav (employee)     29 July 2013

Bigamy by changing to shcduled caste

person dont want to dissolve 1st marriage,but wamnt to dos econd


for that can he convert to shculed caste?


 9 Replies

Big Iron (Officer)     30 July 2013

No way..legally

SCs are hindus and for all hindus we have our loving HMA.

I am scared of one, what a bravo that person is :)

sagar jadhav (employee)     30 July 2013

Some st /sc bigamy is allowed

sagar jadhav (employee)     31 July 2013

any update?

498A__misused (Sec)     31 July 2013

Just go for live in  ..dont go for marriage at any cost else you are in mess...

sagar jadhav (employee)     31 July 2013

still it will be bigamy /w,o divorce cant have live in right?

498A__misused (Sec)     01 August 2013

No it wont be bigamy  and it is not cruelty of 498A also SC  judgements :) unless until marriage ceremony is performed its not bigamy i am sure on this .



11. The word `cruelty" having been defined in terms of the aforesaid

explanation, no other meaning can be attributed thereto. Living with another

woman may be an act of cruelty on the part of the husband for the purpose

of judicial separation or dissolution of marriage but the same, in our opinion,

would not attract the wrath of Section 498A of the Indian Penal Code.

An offence in terms of the said provision is committed by the persons


Attached File : 102181105 keeping gf or live in is not 498a - 1 .pdf, 102181105 keeping gf or live in is not 498a.pdf downloaded: 67 times

sagar jadhav (employee)     02 August 2013


but any other work around?

498A__misused (Sec)     02 August 2013

I menationed already just go for live in ...dont marry else you will suffer , infact not only you ...who so ever attended such marriage will be in soup.

sagar jadhav (employee)     02 August 2013


only easy part is finding girl who is ok to live in 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query